Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Final Report on PLN

stumbleupon logo

Here's an update to my previous post, Project 10: Building My PLN. I'm happy to report that my PLN has grown with the addition of: Alabama Learning Exchange, At the Teacher's Desk, Bud the Teacher, Mr. McClung's World, Nancy Devine, Thinkfinity, Thoughts are Free, Tom Johnson's Adventures in Pencil Integration, and ACCESS.

For ease and convenience, you can see that I have added tabs to these and others at the top of my blog home page. I received an email from a fellow classmate asking how to add this feature to her blog. In my next post, I will share simple instructions so that others can do the same. I also use google reader to read current RSS feeds from my PLN.

My follower list is growing on twitter. In addition to family and friends, I follow Dr. John Strange @winetimejs, @web20classroom, @ShellTerrell, @tomwhitby, @jswiatek, @Collaborize, @EdBookWorm, @milobo, @TeachaKidd, @wmchamberlain, @AllieHowell, @MrCapps, and fellow EDM310 classmates.

Here's the latest thing I've STUMBLED UPON to connect with others who share my interests. It's called "stumbling" and getting started is easy and free. The site does precisely what they claim, "StumbleUpon takes you to web pages, photos, and videos handpicked by your friends and like-minded people." I will warn you...it is terribly addictive! I think this would be an awesome EDM310 activity or enhancement to the PLN requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment