Sunday, April 24, 2011

C4K Assignments 7-10: A Summary

Bloggers Commenting
For my C4K-7 assignment, I visited Mr. McClung’s World and commented on the post E-L-S-E-R, Elser.

Jacob Elser, one of Mr. McClung’s students, recently won the state spelling bee and will represent Arkansas in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington on June 1-2. I congratulated Jacob on this outstanding accomplishment and wished him well on his upcoming trip and competition. I plan to return to Mr. McClung’s blog in early June to see the final results.

I visited Mr. McClung’s World frequently to read the most recent posts and had a chance to chat with Mr. McClung about Slideshare. With his help, I was able to learn more about the program and incorporate it into my blog.

C4K-8 was completed by the deadline. However, at the time of this post, the link was not available on the master spreadsheet and I cannot recall my comments.

C4K-9 required a thorough examination of Ms. Yollis’ Class Blog. Mrs. Yollis teaches 3rd grade in California and has taught for 24 years. Her bio mentions that she recently finished a Master's Degree in Integrating Technology in the Classroom. This is apparent in the construction and maintenance of her blog and more importantly, in the progress and learning of her students.

Mrs. Yollis’ 3rd graders teach visitors how to use HTML code, how to compose quality comments, how to shoot quality digital images, and so much more. The blog also features tabs for time zones and information about their home state of California.

Family Blogging Month is a fantastic idea! Here’s a brief comment I made to the post: “Family Blogging Month is a great way to connect with family and friends. The visits to your blog by my EDM310 classmates and I are proof of that. It's exciting to see so many people connecting.” I plan to share the video about leaving “quality comments” on my future class blog.

I commented on blogs from two students in Mrs. Yollis’ class, Brother's Blog, (aka, Ryan/Mr. New York) and Adia’s Babble Blog.

Mr. New York taught readers about fractions and asked for a vote to choose his next blog post. Since I’m a huge Shel Silverstein fan, I voted for a poem. I look forward to following up to see what topic won the vote.

Adia taught readers about Japan and used one of the 5 tips for quality comments by asking readers questions in her post. I answered a few of her questions and talked about some of my family traditions. I also encouraged her to visit my blog to see the timeline we were assigned to create using timetoast.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment