Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Post 12


Throughout our assignments in EDM310, a common concern mentioned in our online discussions is internet safety and how to incorporate it into our classrooms. I visited the sites mentioned in my "proposed blog assignment." Net Cetera has videos for teachers and parents to use in their classrooms. The videos are well made and engaging for viewers young and old. Net Cetera also provides numerous links to additional online resources to aid in internet safety education.

One of those links, Common Sense Media, lead me to the YouTube video I've suggested for viewing, "A Common Sense Approach to Internet Safety". Google and Common Sense Media teamed up to "create this video of common sense tips and rules for families to help keep their children safe online." I learned about flagging inappropriate content to help "create and maintain a respectful community that everybody can enjoy."

I plan to use both resources in my future classroom and post links on my class blog.

"Common Sense Rules" will be featured on my class blog and my students will learn to be safe digital citizens.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda,
    I think you chose a good subject for your blog post assignment. I watched the video and learned how to filter things off google. I also learned how important it is for kids to have limits on the internet. I will make sure that I have rules for my kids and students regarding this. Thank you for the information. Good Luck in your future as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jude.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and viewing the video post. I'm glad you found some information you can use! I appreciate your comments and wish you well in your future classroom, too.

    Regards,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete