Friday, March 4, 2011

Project 10: Building My PLN

Building PLN
Here's a progress report on my PLN construction. I use Google Reader to manage the following subscriptions in my "Education Learning Community": EDM 310 Class Blog, Edutopia, huffenglish, Middle School Matrix, Edublogger, Fischbowl, PLN Yourself, and Teachweb2. On twitter, I am following:
Hadley Ferguson, Vicki Davis, Michelle Bourgeois, Lee Kolbert, William Chamberlain, Digiteen Project, Dr. John Strange, Allie Howell, and Anthony Capps. I also use facebook and a wiki. I am learning more about Symbaloo and Evernote. I use iTunesU to download podcasts related to my course work. I want to know more about google connect how to's. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda,

    Thanks so much for adding me to your Twitter feed. As I browse through your blog, it looks like you've gotten a great exposure to a wide range of thoughts and ideas from folks across the web. If you're thinking about English Ed as a degree, I'd suggest you might also find Nancy Devine (http://nancydevine.blogspot.com/), Bud Hunt (http://budtheteacher.com) and the Digital Is project (http://digitalis.nwp.org/) interesting.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more about your learning and especially how you see what you're learning and sharing here impacting your teaching of English.

    Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! You're the first official "edublogger" to comment on my blog! I've enjoyed browsing your blog and subscribed just a moment ago. I look forward to connecting with Nancy Devine, Bud Hunt and Digital Is! I have a lot to learn...but, I'm glad to know that I'm part of a community that's willing to share! Thanks for your encouraging comment, Milobo!

    ReplyDelete