Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blog Post 9


Here's what I've learned from Mr. McClung's reflection, "What I've Learned This Year":

1. My students are the most important audience. So, my lessons must be student centered.
2. No lesson is ever perfect. Work it out and do it with a smile on my face :)
3. Communicate. Build strong relationships with my students and fellow colleagues.
4. Have reasonable expectations. Encourage!
5. Embrace technology.
6. Listening is an act of love.
7. Never stop learning.

2 comments:

  1. And your reaction? Did you learn all of these things (for the first time)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking, Dr. Strange. I can relate to Mr. McClung's reflection personally. I have taught bible classes for students ranging from preschool age to adult ladies bible classes for more than 20 years now. I am grateful that I've had the opportunity to learn these lessons by experience. After all, experience is the best teacher. Don't you think? Thanks to you and EDM-310, I've even started using my laptop to present lessons to our teen girl's bible class. Last Sunday, I used it to demonstrate how to validate sources when doing online research. We also discussed internet safety and how to protect their hearts and minds. Now...onward to getting certified so that I can get paid to do what I love...teaching.

    ReplyDelete