Saturday, March 26, 2011

C4K Assignments 4-6: A Summary

Tech @ Tamaki

The latest round of C4K assignments introduced me to Selina, Sela, and Mr. Webb's Room 8. Selina (Year 7) and Sela (Year 8) are students at Point England School in Aukland, New Zealand.

Selina made a video with her friends Tyla and Aneisia about when they were little at Pt. England school. She included videos and a song called "Long Ago." I told Selina how impressed I am with PES and their use of technology for learning. On my second visit to Selina's blog, I learned that the students at Pt. England School attend Tech At Tamiki College. Selina was so excited about her learning experience at Tech. Her group had a science lesson about the "Healthy Life Cycle" which involved food testing. I asked a few questions about how the foods were tested and what results were found

Sela
Sela may be a "budding news reporter!" Her blog post "A Dark Day For Christchurch" told about the recent 6.3 magnitude earthquake that struck New Zealand. Shortly after the earthquake, I posted a question to a previous C4K student blog asking if everyone in their community was well. Since I hadn't received a response, I was glad to see Sela's post. Mrs. Lagitupu, Sela's teacher, is very fortunate to have such a bright student in her class! I was so excited to receive Sela's response to my comments on her blog. It's great to be a part of an international conversation and I count her as my first official PES friend.

Mr. Webb's Room 8 in Hamilton, New Zealand, posted a video about the 2011 Melville Intermediate Police Blue Light Challenge. I asked a few questions about the event and hope to hear more soon. At the time of this post, my comments are awaiting moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment