Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blog Post 1

Amanda Lloyd Image

As I type this (Introductory) post, I'm watching the UAB vs. Memphis basketball game. The score in overtime is 71-68 Memphis. I'm pulling for UAB because my daughter is a senior there and has witnessed the rivalry between these two opponents since her freshman year. UAB hasn't defeated Memphis since 2006. It would be awesome to see them win! It's definitely a nail biter! They've taken a timeout so I'll tell you a little about myself during the commercial break. My husband and I will celebrate our 23rd anniversary this Spring. We have three wonderful children, two daughters and a son. I work part-time as our church secretary. My major is Secondary Education English/Language Arts. I look forward to getting to know you this term! 17.8 seconds left in the game....Memphis 76...UAB 73...two missed free throws by Memphis!!!...UAB fouls on the rebound...ughh!...final score 76/73...Memphis wins, again.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hello, My name is Rachael Hurtz. I had a kidney transplant at UAB so i only know of their hospitals. I am not a huge fan of sports but today i have been sick all day so ive been watch the NYJ VS. PIT game and Geenbay already took the other. I really don't care who makes it to the superbowl as long as they dont act rude about winning.I feel everyone should get a chance. I am a elementary ed student I have been contemplating going into secondary education to teach math. I feel I should make my mind up by this summer because I am already taking classes that wont count towards my degree if I switch. http://hurtzrachaeledm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael. Hope you're feeling better! Like you, I also faced the same decision regarding my degree path. After much thought and prayer, I switched from Elem. Ed. to Sec. Ed. I'm excited about my decision and know it was the right one for me because I am loving every class I take including EDM310. If you're strong in math and enjoy that field, math teachers are always in high demand. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really too bad that we lost. But at least it was such a close game, right? haha. I love you, Mom! Nice blog. - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanada. I hate that UAB lost their game but they will have a better chance next year. I am very excited about our EDM 310 class as well. I hope everything continues to go well for you in your journey of becoming a teacher. Congratulations on 23 years of marital bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristie,

    Thanks for your comments! I'm making good progress now in EDM310 and plan to meet with Jessica tomorrow at the lab. Call me and I'll give you the details. I sent an email to everyone on our team late yesterday evening and again this morning. I appreciate your call and hope you'll be able to meet with us.

    ReplyDelete